Playable City week is almost here! We are inviting Bristol and beyond to come and play, so save the dates and join us this July.
Between the 3 – 9 July (2023), the six Playable City Sandbox teams will be taking over Bristol with their new prototypes. The commissioned projects place play at the heart of the city, bringing new experiences and sparking conversations about the future of our cities and public spaces through play. Each commission will be open to public audiences at six different locations across the city.
In Playable City week you can expect to:
- Hug inflatable robots with “Squeeze Me” (by Air Giants)
- Dance with interdimensional creatures with “Fireflies, a glitch” (by GlitchAR)
- Play with pixels with “Street Pixel” (by Biome Collective)
- Be immersed in Somali weaving songs with “The House of Weaving Songs” (by Dhaqan Collective)
- View a new interactive light experience with “Zoomscape Zoetrope” (Jack Wates & Tom Blackburn)
- Fool the eye of an AI with “How (Not) to be Hit by a Self-driving Car” (by Tomo Kihara and Studio Playfool)
Exact times and locations are coming soon, along with news of a special day-long event hosted at Watershed followed by First Friday on the 7 July 2023. Follow us online or join our newsletter to keep up to date on Playable City week including more prototype news, event sign up, and more.
Playable City Play Test Week
Can’t wait till July to get hands on with the new Playable City commissions? You can see a preview of prototypes later this month. Between the 23 – 25 May the six teams will be play testing their prototypes at Watershed. Visit the Pervasive Media Website for more information – click here for the Playable City Play Test week event page.
Read about Playable City Sandbox and the six commission here – Playable City Sandbox 2023